Executive Level 1 - Assistant Director, Content
Job no: 494498
Categories: Arts, Culture, Communication, Media, Marketing
Business Group: CEG
Section: Web, Multimedia & Design
IP Australia’s corporate plan focuses on delivering new and improved stakeholder centric, digitally driven solutions. In support of this the Assistant Director, Content assists in the delivery of content production for the agency and ensuring consistency and successful execution of the brand’s tone of voice via our communication platforms and channels.
The Assistant Director, Content is responsible for leading a small team of content writers in the planning, design, and development of content (in various forms) for publication and reproduction across multiple channels aligned to business priorities. This role works collaboratively with subject matter experts to assess the scope and intended outcomes and produces high-quality outcomes for internal or external use through writing enriching content for platform build projects, content refresh for enhancing existing platforms, creation and/or review for printed materials, and scripting for multimedia production.
The role sits within the Web, Multimedia and Design team and supports the broader Communication and Public Education teams in delivering campaign activities through content writing for core communication platforms, and the entire agency in the delivery of its objectives.
We are looking to fill this position on an ongoing basis. Future positions may be offered on an ongoing or non-ongoing basis subject to operational requirements. Where a non-ongoing position is offered, the role will be filled for a specified term of up to 18 months. A specified term may be extended up to a maximum period of three years.
- Provide strategic advice to support the agency, through leading agreed projects aligned with agreed business priorities and deadlines
- Collaborate across the agency to ensure communication expectations are met – particularly relating to content (all channels), identifying and prioritising competing priorities
- Provide leadership to the team, ensuring quality, timeliness and production of content that are aligned with business objectives
- Development, delivery and management of IP Australia’s case study library, developing proposals, conducting interviews and developing written case study content for various channels
- Designing and creating quality, engaging, easy to read/absorb high quality multi-channel content to captivate audiences (including static content, multimedia, briefs, scripts for video production) based on defined personas, appropriate for each channel (web, print and digital)
- Actively contribute to the broader activities of the team, providing support and leadership and maintaining accountability for the achievement of outcomes
- Manage the team in the tracking and reporting on activities, and the continual optimisation of business processes, to be informed by data driven insights and understanding of our customers
- Championing guidelines for content development, ensuring quality, consistency, and compliance
- Developing and testing content in line with SEO and WCAG 2.0 AA requirements
- Manage various content projects involving identifying need (as per research outcomes or identification across the business), scoping requirements, managing any relevant contracts, approval processes, publishing, promotion and evaluation
Looking for more information?
Our position profile contains details including the capabilities required, the contact officer, and how to apply. Please use the link below to access the position profile:
494498 - Position Profile.pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm AEST on Monday, 2 October 2023.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend