APS Level 6 - Project Support Officer
Job no: 494497
Location: Canberra preferred other locations considered
Categories: Administration, Project Management / Project Officer
Business Group: ITG
Section: Innovation & Digital Serv
The Program Oversight and Reporting team is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the progress of IT programs and projects, including Business as Usual (BAU) work conducted within the Innovation and Technology Group (ITG). We leverage reporting dashboards to enhance forward planning and ensure the successful delivery of IT initiatives by collecting and analysing data on project milestones and flagging any dependencies.
We are looking to fill this position on an ongoing basis. Future positions may be offered on an ongoing or non-ongoing basis subject to operational requirements. Where a non-ongoing position is offered, the role will be filled for a specified term of up to 18 months. A specified term may be extended up to a maximum period of three years.
At the end of the recruitment process, a merit pool of suitable candidates may be created. Those found suitable will be advised that they have been placed in the pool. The merit pool is valid for 18 months from the date the process was advertised. The merit pool may be used throughout the period to fill similar positions in the event positions become vacant.
- Coordinate governance, planning, and reporting for ITG.
- Lead and assist in creating dashboards, capturing data, and engaging stakeholders for ITG Executives and Boards.
- Provide oversight and proactive assurance for the ITG program of work.
- Support ITG Enabling initiatives through project support activities.
- Manage secretariat functions and maintain precise records for ITG Boards, including minutes, briefs, schedules, and action items.
- Prepare reports related to audit findings and other strategic documentation.
- Independently handle multiple tasks, adapting to prioritise the needs of the CIO's Office.
- Collaborate across teams in the Innovation and Digital Services Section to enhance capabilities, flexibility, and succession planning.
- Participate in the development of IT operation models.
- Coordinate IT engagement and communication activities, such as showcases and group initiative planning.
- Contribute to section planning, taking ownership of deliverables and escalating risks and issues when necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement by enhancing and implementing services to enhance team productivity.
- Being part of a progressive and modern delivery team responsible for transforming IP Australia’s digital services and delivering innovative customer centric solutions.
Looking for more information?
Our position profile contains details including the capabilities required, the contact officer, and how to apply. Please use the link below to access the position profile:
494497 - Position profile .pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm AEST on Thursday, 28 September 2023.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend