APS Level 6 - Application Developer
Job no: 494255
Categories: Info/Comm Tech (ICT), Science, Engineering, Technical, Project Management / Project Officer
Division: Policy and Corporate Div
Business Group: Innovation & Technology
Section: Innovation & Digital Serv
We are seeking an individual who is interested in driving innovation, delivery in a fast-paced agile environment and making a difference through their work, with background in java development and product delivery.
This role will be working within multi-disciplinary delivery teams, following agile principles to develop IT systems supporting business in line with IP Australia’s architectural standards.
Specific duties of a Application Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Assistant Director (Platform Manager) of C4E, and project managers in the delivery of major technical programs in alignment with whole-of-government or agency wide objectives
- Embed best practice development standards and ensure organisational compliance
- Mentor and support team members in modern web development techniques
- Assist with the configuration and deployment of multiple products
- Assist with the assessment of new technology and how they can be effectively introduced to the enterprise
Eligibility Qualifications / Knowledge Required
- A tertiary qualification such as computer science, software engineering, or related field or experience.
- Design, build, maintain and test web applications across the full development stack, using technologies and practices including Java and Vue.js
- Commercial Java experience (Java 8 or later)
- Experience using Spring/Hibernate in web applications and services
- Excellent understanding of the web technology stack (AJAX, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset caching)
- Experience in developing high quality unit and integration tests covering implemented code
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins or similar)
- Understanding of integration practices and architecture patterns.
Additionally, it would be desirable to have a combination of:
- Experience in product delivery in a fast-paced agile environment
- Knowledge of MLOps/DevOps
- Experience with React or Angular, SQL, RESTful APIs and OAuth or other distributed security mechanisms
- MuleSoft Development experience
For more information, including specific capabilities required, please review the Position Profile below:
494255 - Position Profile.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Sudesh Ranasinghe on 02 6283 2514.
How to apply
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Provide a one page pitch detailing why you are suitable for the position. The pitch should also address the position requirements. Please limit your response to no more than 700 words.
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised Position; and
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees.
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability and LGBTQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
Applications for this vacancy close at 11.55pm AEDT on Sunday 29 January 2023.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend