Executive Level 1 - Training Projects Co-ordinator
Job no: 494210
Location: Flexible Location
Categories: Education, Training, Science, Engineering, Technical
Division: Customer Services Div
Business Group: Patents Opp, BI & PBR
Section: Training Academy
The Training Projects Co-ordinator is a subject matter expert that will work under limited direction to co-ordinate and manage the development of learning resources to support ongoing professional learning within the patent examiner cohort. They will be responsible for implementation of projects that enhance examination and searching skill sets, drawing on project management and adult learning principles to fulfill their responsibilities. They will also need to provide supervision and leadership and build team capacity through sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring, performance feedback and encouraging a culture of continuous learning within the team.
The specific duties of the Training Projects Co-ordinator role include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and coordinates a team to undertake research and partner with subject matter experts to prepare learning resources to support ongoing learning of the patent examiner cohort.
- Manages the development and evaluation of learning resources proactively and effectively, using initiative to identify and mitigate risks.
- Works collaboratively within their direct team and with stakeholders
- Supports learning and development, including implementing agreed learning priorities and managing required content on Agency learning platforms
The successful candidate will have:
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to manage and co-ordinate the development and evaluation of new learning activities and ongoing quality assurance and improvement of learning programs and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in designing a range of engaging learning resources that integrate learning theories and instructional design methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise competing demands effectively
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take on feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels including an ability build productive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Proficient liaison and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of, or qualifications in, intellectual property, patent examination and/or legal practice; or an ability to transfer your relevant skills and experience in the context of the advertised position.
- Experience or qualifications in adult learning and/or instructional design is highly desirable.
For additional information please refer to the candidate kit:
494210 - Position Profile - Training Projects Co-ordinator - EL1.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Sophina Calanni on 02 6283 2376.
How to apply
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in this position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
Applications close at 11.55pm on Sunday, 11 December 2022.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend