APS Level 5 - Procurement and Contract Management Officer
Job no: 494168
Categories: Legal, Procurement, Contract Management
Division: Policy and Corporate Div
Business Group: Finance and People Serv
Section: Business Services Office
The Procurement and Contracts Management Officer has a sound general knowledge of Commonwealth procurement policy and works under limited direction. This position is responsible for providing accurate technical advice in respect of procurement activities, procurement processes and contract management. The successful applicant should have good communication and liaison skills as well as a sound knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Framework.
The Procurement and Contract Management Officer undertakes procurement activities for IP Australia and ensures compliance with all legislative and Government practices and guidelines relating to procurement.
The specific duties of the Procurement and Contract Management Officer role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate and timely support and advice to all areas within IP Australia on procurement and contract matters, in accordance with the relevant legislation and policies.
- Reviewing and/or drafting procurement related documentation including spending proposals, request for quotes, contracts and deeds of variation.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of procurement and contracting reference materials including templates, intranet pages, guidelines and policy for use by IP Australia staff when conducting procurement activities.
- Assisting with procurement reporting obligations including Senate Order, Expiry Reports, Annual Report, Indigenous Procurement Policy, Annual Procurement Plan, Senate Estimates reporting, compliance reporting and AusTender reporting.
- Assisting with procurement administrative support
- Assisting to drive continuous business improvements in relation to procurement and contract management.
- Maintaining all records in the SAP Finance system and Electronic Document Management System (BRIK).
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- An ability to work, contribute and participate in a busy team environment that works together to achieve organisational goals. This requires initiative, outcome orientation, professionalism and customer focus
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and related policy, particularly procurements using Standing Offer Notices and other established arrangements.
- Experience using procurement related systems, such as SAP, AusTender and the Commonwealth Contracting Suite online tool, or the ability to gain the skills quickly
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Commonwealth procurement processes, including knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and related policies, particularly procurements using Standing Offer Notices and other established arrangements.
- Experience using procurement related systems, such as SAP, AusTender and the Commonwealth Contracting Suite online tool, or the ability to gain the skills quickly.
- Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracts, or progress towards this qualification.
For additional information please see the Position Profile below:
494168 - Position Profile - Procurement and Contract Management Officer.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Jolene Reece on 02 6283 2800
How to apply
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in this position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
This recruitment process will be used to fill current vacancies, as well as future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 18 months in various similar roles.
Applications close for this vacancy at 11.55pm on Sunday, 9 October 2022.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend