Job no: 494051
Location: Flexible Location
Categories: Finance, Accounting, Finance
Division: Policy and Corporate Div
Business Group: Finance and People Serv
Section: Financial M'ment Office
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
- Flexible location, work from anywhere in Australia
- Agile environment with role ownership
- Collaborative and engaged team environment
The Financial Analyst supports the Revenue and ABC Managers (Executive Level 1) in providing the Executive and senior management within the Customer Services Division or Corporate and Policy Division with strategic business advice across all aspects of financial and performance management. This role is situated in a dynamic environment providing a variety of services to management and the Executive. The role includes:
- responsibility for all financial aspects relating to revenue forecasting, reporting, and/or Activity Based Costing. The role contributes to broader Finance and People Services Group outcomes by providing expert financial advice to the Revenue Manager and/or ABC Manager and when required, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Senior Managers on financial reporting, budget development, forecasting and financial planning
- contribute and conduct analysis across financial and performance metrics to drive improved performance, accountability and to identify workforce and business challenges as they arise within the Business Group
- identify and support improvements to processes and reporting capabilities within the Revenue and Costing Analysis Section
- maintain professional working relationships and collaborate with stakeholders across Business Groups and with colleagues in FPSG that promotes the collaborative exchange of financial and business information
- support the delivery of timely, accurate and helpful financial, budget, and forecast advice, including reporting to Business Groups across the organisation
- participate in organisational initiatives and projects as required
Specific roles and responsibilities for the Financial Analyst include the following:
- assist in managing IP Australia’s activity-based costing system. This includes providing technical advice on specific issues relating to IP Australia’s costed activities, understanding and maintaining all cost drivers, and developing appropriate costing methodologies in line with best practice standards.. And/or - assist with managing IP Australia’s Revenue Forecast Model (RFM). This activity includes analysing and forecasting IP Rights demand, maintaining, and updating revenue forecast algorithms and relational volume drivers. Both tasks require maintaining close stakeholder relations with various business areas and providing innovative approaches to reporting and advice to management
- assist in developing and providing information for IP Australia’s external reporting obligations, including Portfolio Budget Statements, Annual Reports, the Corporate Plan and Cost Recovery Implementation Statements
To be successful in this role it is desirable to have:
- qualification as a Chartered Accountant (CA) or a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or working towards completion
- extensive knowledge of cost accounting, activity-based costing and forecast modelling, along with an understanding of program coding for regression analysis and experience working with activity-based costing solutions
For additional information please see the Position Profile below:
Position profile - APS 6 - Financial analyst - FPSG.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Tim Debenham on 02 6283 2285.
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide -
- a one-page pitch detailing why you are suitable for the position. The pitch should also address the position requirements. Please limit your response to no more than 700 words
- provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- provide the name and contact details of two referees.
This recruitment process will be used to fill current vacancies, as well as future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months in various similar roles.
Applications close for this vacancy at 11.55pm on the closing date of Thursday 7 July 2022.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend