HR Advisor (HR Strategy & Workforce Planning)
Job no: 493740
Location: Canberra, Flexible Location, Canberra preferred other locations considered
Categories: Human Resources (HR)
Division: Customer Services Div
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
- Are you looking for an opportunity to learn about workforce planning and contribute to strategic HR?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and have experience in delivering high quality HR outcomes?
- Be part of an exciting organisation and team that loves embracing change
Do you have experience in strategic HR and delivery of HR projects? Do you have the ability to engage with HR data, and use workforce data to inform evidence-based decisions? If yes, this one is for you!
IP Australia is looking to fill an APS6 HR Advisor (HR Strategy & Workforce Planning) role to join our team of HR professionals. We are looking for an innovative and forward-thinking HR professional to support the delivery of HR functions for the agency.
The role will directly contribute to workforce planning activities, HR strategy development and implementation and HR projects. Experience in workforce planning is not required, only a thirst for learning, a good dose of curiosity, and an open mind to brainstorming and thinking outside the box.
Duties of the roles include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of IP Australia’s People Strategy and Strategic Workforce Plan
- Contribution to workforce planning processes and organisational design activities
- Research of workforce trends and best practice HR solutions
- Use of workforce evidence to identify areas of risk, and using data to strengthen HR solutions, for example analysis of employee survey data or investigation of workforce data trends.
- Various HR strategy projects and initiatives, for example succession planning to support IP Australia’s talent management of critical roles and leadership positions.
What we are looking for
- Experience in strategic HR and delivery of HR projects
- Ability to challenge conventional HR approaches and contribute to creative HR solutions
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment that work together to problem solve
- Ability to work across multiple projects with a strong eye for detail and excellent written skills
- Ability to work flexibly and display adaptability
- Self-awareness, resilience and responsibility for development and continuous learning.
- Ability to work in accordance with the APS Values, Code of Conduct and the IP Australia Capability Framework at the APS6 level (see attached)
For additional information please see the Position Profile below:
Position Profile - APS6 - HR Advisor - FPSG.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Katrina Ribbons on 02 6285 0753.
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this position (limit your response to 1000 words)
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position.
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees.
This recruitment process will be used to fill current vacancies, as well as future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months in various roles within the team.
Please note : IP Australia’s head office is in Canberra and there is a satellite office in Melbourne. However, flexible working arrangements may be considered for the successful candidates on a case by case basis in line with IP Australia's Flexible working Arrangements Policy.
Applications close for this vacancy at 11.55pm on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend