Assistant Director - Workforce Planning and HR Strategy
Job no: 493739
Location: Canberra, Flexible Location, Canberra preferred other locations considered
Categories: Human Resources (HR)
Division: Policy and Corporate Div
Business Group: Finance and People Serv
Section: People Services
IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
- A strategic HR role that offers the opportunity to problem solve, brainstorm and use evidence-based workforce insights every day!
- Join a supportive and collaborative team
- Friendly and energetic workplace with great conditions
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to delivery of workforce planning and strategic HR? Do you enjoy problem solving and have experience in delivering high quality HR outcomes?
IP Australia is looking for a Workforce Planning and HR Strategy professional to join our team of HR specialists. We are looking for innovative and forward-thinking professionals to support the delivery of strategic HR functions for the agency. Our way of working requires flexibility, adaptability, and agility.
The successful candidate in this role will have subject matter expertise in contemporary human resource management to lead a small team in delivering workforce planning and HR Strategy. You will work in a team that is highly motivated to think creatively, challenge conventional workforce planning approaches and use workforce insights to design solutions.
Duties of the roles include but are not limited to:
- Delivering the Strategic Workforce Plan and People Strategy
- Delivering operational workforce planning activities, including facilitating SES conversations on workforce challenges
- Designing best practice and innovative workforce planning and strategic HR solutions to respond to challenges
- Using workforce evidence to identify areas of risk, and using data to strengthen HR solutions, for example analysis of employee survey data or investigation of workforce data trends.
- Designing, delivering and project managing discrete parcels of work e.g. Succession Planning, Employee Survey, Job Families and other strategic HR projects
- Developing tools to support HR Business Partners to use workforce insights and HR data to add value to the business areas Preparing papers and presenting to internal forums and committees
- Collaborating across HR functions to develop a deep understanding of IP Australia’s business and HR solutions
- Leading a busy team in a fast-paced work environment.
What we are looking for
To be successful in the role you will have experience in workforce planning and HR Strategy. As a senior HR professional in a large organisation, you will have the ability to deliver results and lead a team in a fast-paced environment, driving strategic outcomes. The ability to think creatively, communicate effectively and manage projects (and foster the same within your team) is also essential for success in the role. You will be required to work across multiple projects with a strong eye for detail and excellent written skills.
For additional information please see the Position Profile below:
Position Profile - EL1 - Assistant Director - FPSG .pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Katrina Ribbons on 02 6285 0753.
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this position (Max. 1000 words in total)
- A current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to this position
- Name and contact details of two referees
This recruitment process will be used to fill current vacancies, as well as future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months in various roles within the team.
Please note - IP Australia’s head office is in Canberra and there is a satellite office in Melbourne. However, flexible working arrangements may be considered for the successful candidates on a case by case basis in line with IP Australia's Flexible working Arrangements Policy.
Applications close for this vacancy at 11.55pm on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend