IP Australia is a unique and innovative Australian Government Agency that works with Australians to help them protect their inventions, brands, designs, and plant varieties through the administration of patents, trademarks, designs, and plant breeder’s rights: their Intellectual Property (IP). We have a strong sense of purpose, ensuring Australians benefit from great ideas.
About our Innovation and Technology Group
The Innovation and Technology Group is an enabler to the Agency and is responsible for supporting the IT Strategy 2022; establishing the key technology platforms and supporting capabilities to increase business alignment; uplift technology and service delivery maturity and position IT for scalability.
ITG will support IP Australia’s vision by embracing contemporary and innovative technologies to deliver smart solutions and new approaches that cement IP Australia as a visionary in the Intellectual Property ecosystem.
About our Section
The Office of the CIO provides a centralised approach for the “business” of the Innovation Technology Group (ITG). This incorporates the Strategic Governance and Planning for the Group and covers a broad range of enabling agency services as well as supporting our people (as assets) through capability development. Together we support the delivery of robust, secure technology services through, ICT security, disaster recovery planning, ICT resource, asset & vendor management, license and maintenance management, architecture, and project assurance.
The IT Generalist, specialising in Enabling Services Support role will work closely with other teams both internal and external to the section, support partnerships across the business & government and be part of the dynamic Office of the CIO.
You will be expected to manage these primary responsibilities:
- Acquisition activities - research tasks, prepare documentation, provide advice, and support the Technology Acquisition Process as required
- Assist in undertaking capability enhancement and training activities for Technology Resources & services
- Secretariat functions – an understating and or willingness to gain skills to support the secretariat role
- Records management – Maintain accurate digital documents using IP Australia’s records management system
- Communicating ideas with confidence – managing positive relationships with key stakeholders to achieve goals and implement change
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with willingness to engage, communicate and collaborate with others to join our team of friendly IT professionals. You will need to have a demonstrated capability to quickly learn new technologies, like taking initiative, negotiating and problem-solving. You will also need to have the ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment and be able to multi-task and prioritise your work to take on challenges as they arise.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Have creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively and take initiative.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise and collaborate across the organisation to achieve outcomes against challenging time frames
- Value individual differences and diversity
- Demonstrate professionalism and adherence to the APS Code of Conduct
- Understand the importance of building networks and seek to do so
- Respond proactively to feedback and willing to develop and apply new skills
- Display and live by the capabilities outlined in the IP Australia’s capability framework
For additional information, please view the position profile.
Position Profile - IT Generalist Enabling Services Support - APS 5.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Stella Nikias on (02) 6283 2253.
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide:
Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position.
Provide evidence of qualification(s) relating to the position (if held)
Provide the name and contact details of two referees.
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements relevant to the ICT security industry, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
Please note: you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be engaged in the APS and to meet IP Australia’s security clearance requirements.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.