IP Australia is a unique and innovative Australian Government Agency that works with Australians to help them protect their inventions, brands, designs, and plant varieties through the administration of patents, trademarks, designs, and plant breeder’s rights: their Intellectual Property (IP). We have a strong sense of purpose, ensuring Australians benefit from great ideas.
About our Innovation and Technology Group
The Innovation Technology Group is an enabler to the Agency and is responsible for supporting the IT Strategy 2022; establishing the key technology platforms and supporting capabilities to increase business alignment; uplift technology and service delivery maturity and position IT for scalability.
ITG will support IP Australia’s vision by embracing contemporary and innovative technologies to deliver smart solutions and new approaches that cement IP Australia as a visionary in the Intellectual Property ecosystem.
About our Section
The Office of the CIO provides a centralised approach for the “business” of the Innovation Technology Group (ITG). This incorporates the Strategic Governance and Planning for the Group and covers a broad range of enabling agency services as well as supporting our people (as assets) through capability development. Together we support the delivery of robust, secure technology services through, ICT security, disaster recovery planning, ICT resource, asset & vendor management, license and maintenance management, architecture, and project assurance.
As the Cyber Security Analyst (Level 1) you will monitor the performance of network (via dashboards), system and application security solutions to identify and bring to attention breaches and potential intrusion incidents. You will also assist in the investigation of identified security breaches in accordance with established procedures and provides advise on recommended actions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with willingness to engage, communicate and collaborate with others to join our friendly team of IT professionals. You will need to have a demonstrated capability to quickly learn new technologies, like taking initiative, problem-solving, and conducting IT security investigations. We are looking for an honest and trustworthy person who possesses great people skills and has a forward-thinking attitude. Equally importantly, we're looking for someone who shares our values and culture, who brings passion and positivity, and makes sure their team embodies the same culture. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary or vocational qualification in an IT discipline or related field.
- Understanding of key cyber security concepts.
The following experience or knowledge would be well regarded:
- Experience/qualifications in ICT Security
- Experience/qualifications in Cyber security incident management
- Experience monitoring a variety of key corporate infrastructure and network technologies
- Familiarity or experience working with:
- Australian Government Information Security Manual
- Top cyber security threats, threat vectors and threat actors
- Network intrusion prevention and detection systems
- Security Information Event Management systems.
For additional information, please refer to the position profile. below:
Position Profile - APS 6 - Cyber Security Analyst Level 1.pdf
For further information pertaining to this job please contact Harry Johnson on 02 6283 2878.
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements relevant to the ICT security industry, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
Please note: you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be engaged in the APS and to meet IP Australia’s security clearance requirements.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.