IP Australia is a unique and innovative Australian Government Agency that works with Australians to help them protect their inventions, brands, designs, and plant varieties through the administration of patents, trademarks, designs, and plant breeder’s rights: their Intellectual Property (IP). We have a strong sense of purpose, ensuring Australians benefit from great ideas.
About our Innovation and Technology Group
As an enabler to the Agency, The Innovation and Technology Group (ITG) is responsible for supporting the IT Strategy 2022 and establishing the key technology platforms and supporting capabilities to increase business alignment, uplift delivery maturity and position IT for scalability. ITG will achieve this by embracing contemporary and innovative technologies to deliver smart solutions and new approaches that cement IP Australia as a powerhouse in the Intellectual Property ecosystem.
About our Section
The Enabling Technology Section provides services including UNIX/LINUX administration, Windows Server and Desktop management, Database administration, Network and Storage administration, Cloud Infrastructure Administration, and Telephony and Datacentre management. Infrastructure Services is in the process of implementing Agile practices to streamline our projects.
As the Platform Engineer – Windows Desktop, you will be part of the Security uplift project. You will work closely with the UP-Project team, Infrastructure Team and Enabling Technology Platform Owner in managing the remediation of software from the IPA Desktop and Server environment for compliance with ASD Essential Eight.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer who is interested in driving innovation, and delivery in a fast-paced agile environment. We are looking for a team player with a great attitude, the ability to multi-task, someone who strives to achieve targets and who is prepared to get in and get the job done. You should be able to work independently as well in a collaborative team environment with the ability to quickly acquire new knowledge.
To ensure you are successful in this role, you must have:
- Win10 administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience with the SCCM interface
- Experience in scripting with PowerShell
- Strong problem solving and diagnosing skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance
The following experience or skills would be well regarded:
- A good understanding of Essential Eight and the ASD ISM
- Experience with SCCM to deploy and remove Software
- Experience with Applications packaging
- Experience with Office 365 and One Drive
- Administration experience for Exchange Online, teams or SharePoint
- Experiencing administrating Microsoft’s windows Defender and Intune to manage Win10
For additional information, please refer to the position profile. below:
493371 -Position Profile -Platform Engineer - Windows Desktop_PN8066.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Ben Reay 02 6283 2076.
As part of the application process you are asked to provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this position (limited response 500 words)
- A current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- The name and contact details of two referees
Please frame your responses around the job-specific duties and job-specific capabilities of the position as detailed in the position profile.
Please note: you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be engaged in the APS and to meet IP Australia’s security clearance requirements.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.