IP Australia is a unique and innovative Australian Government Agency that works with Australians to help them protect their inventions, brands, designs, and plant varieties through the administration of patents, trade marks, designs, and plant breeder’s rights: their Intellectual Property (IP). We have a strong sense of purpose, ensuring Australians benefit from great ideas.
The Customer Experience Group (CEG) within the Customer Services Division (CSD) of IP Australia ensures Australians benefit from the effective use of intellectual property by:
- Providing pre and post examination and research and information services to internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Enabling an effective quality management system (QMS) and offering strategic, targeted and evidence based technical training to the CSD as well as selected regional IP offices
The Customer Operations Officer (APS 4) Temporary Employment Register will be used to fill various short-term non-ongoing employment opportunities (for a period of up to 12 months with the possibility of extension) in the Customer Experience Group (CEG) within the next 12 months.
Customer Operations Officers work within one of the teams in either the Pre Exam and Information Services or the Post Exam section of the Group. The specific IP-related tasks and service requests they perform vary according to the teams but may relate to information services, examination workflow, new applications, fees, service request management, international, amendments, post acceptance, extensions of time and/or opposition matters.
Customer Operations Officers play a vital role in the delivery of high performing core business and internal operations for the agency. They apply their knowledge of IP rights legislation in accordance with their delegation to process service requests and respond to queries. They have a strong focus on customer service, are an escalation point of contact for our customers and leave a lasting impression on their overall experience.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates the following:
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and stakeholders and deliver high quality written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation and makes decisions in accordance with delegations
- Self-motivation, with a track record of taking responsibility and delivering results
- Ability to work effectively in a team and manage relationships and competing priorities
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders with relevant experience.
Further information can be found in the position profile below:
APS 4 Customer Operations Officer Position Profile.pdf
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the job specific duties and job specific capabilities of the role and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (maximum 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this position (maximum 500 words)
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- Provide the name and contact details for two referees (preferably at least one direct supervisor).
Applications must be submitted through IP Australia’s online recruitment system.
**Please note: you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be engaged in the APS and to meet IP Australia’s security clearance requirements.
Note that selection may be based on application only and interviews may not be undertaken. If interviews are undertaken, they may occur at any time during 2021, as vacancies arise.
You can withdraw your application at any time if you are no longer available to work for us.
For further information about this job please contact Natalie Anderson on (02) 6283 2710